At Siena Heights University, a quality education is affordable. Once you’ve been accepted to SHU, the next step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Information from the FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for institutional, federal and state financial aid programs including grants, scholarships, and student loans.
How and When to File
- You will need to create an FSA ID and password in order to complete the FAFSA. Click here to learn how to create an FSA ID.
- You can file a new FAFSA as early as October 1st, and a new FAFSA must be completed for each new academic year. Your FAFSA will be used to determine aid eligibility beginning with the Summer semester, and also the Fall and Winter semesters (not all Adrian Campus Students will qualify for Summer aid).
- Siena's federal school code is 002316 and should be the first school listed for maximum aid consideration.
- Some students may be selected for a process called verification. For information on the verification process click here.
- When an aid package is ready, you will receive an email informing you to review and accept your award online via MySiena.
- In order to secure your federal loans, you will need to complete additional loan steps. Visit the Securing Your Loans page for more information.